Located in Bursa’s Umurbey district, the Tofaş Museum of Cars and Anatolian Carriages is a private museum focusing on the Anatolian transport heritage. A former silk-weaving mill that used to be here was restored and converted for use as a museum by Tofaş. On display at the museum is a historical panorama of the history of human transport in Anatolia beginning with a wheel that is 2,600 years old and extending to the present day with examples of Tofaş-built motor vehicles. Opened its doors to visitors on June 8, 2002, the museum has been visited by more than 1 million people since its establishment.
Located within the same grounds as the museum is the Tofaş Art Gallery housed in the Umurbey Hammam, the original construction of which dates to 1430. In the Art Gallery, the exhibition “The Poise Of The Steelyard: Scales, Weights & Measuring Instruments”, which carries the traces of social and commercial life from the past to the present, is located. The museum’s cafeteria, Fayton Cafe, is open to museum visitors as well as to the public. The museum’s gardens are planted with more than 50 different species and serve as a venue for concerts and culture & art events throughout the year.